Tuesday 27 October 2009

Alberto

One of the things I love about Peru is how friendly people are. I was wondering around the village of Qua'ana on a plateau in Cotahuasi Canyon when an old man crossed my path.

I greeted him with "buenos tardes" and then asked how he was and he was only too happy to stop for a while and chat.

Davis was with me and I was happy to let him do most of the talking, but I was able to get most of the conversation and also snap a few pictures off.

Alberto, as that was his name, was telling us about some pre-Inca ruins that were a half hour walk away complete with houses, a plaza and a 'church' (iglesia).

At first I was a bit sceptical, but Laura who had been living in the village for two weeks teaching at the local school confirmed the presence of the ruins.

Unfortunately we didn't have time for a half hour treck but I may have to return to the village some time in the future as we might be placing a teacher up there and I’ll be sure to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Good photo (like so many of your photos you talented wee pic-snapper) though I daresay Alberto could use a lil bit of photoshopping to glam him up a little. ;o)

    Did the Incan's *go* to church?

    Paulos (Your bro)

    ReplyDelete