Tuesday 13 October 2009

La Mansion: More about the Project

Just had a chat in the kitchen with Jerenie and Davis about some of the specifics for the project in La Mansion. I couldn't understand why a project was not taking place in the school since it so obviously benefited the students. Sadly it turns out to be corruption...allegedly. (Probably won't get sued for anything written here but best to be careful eh?)

The Project was run successfully for about 12 months however the school's director grew to dislike the project as he wasn't receiving a cut. Apparently he turned the staff against it until it was wound down in December of last year. The new project will have more freedom as it will be on a venue outside of the school. However I'm not sure how long the venue will be available for as I was with Jose the day he went around the pueblo looking for a potential venue and he told the owner it would only be used until December. Whether we can extend this date, or find another venue will have to be seen.

I also found more specifics out about the cost and the funding. The estimated cost for the food is about s/3, roughly 70p per child per day. I'm not sure how much the venue costs or how long the funds will last. I need to find these details out and also how to make the project more sustainable and then try and use this information to raise funds. There's a lot to do, but at least little by little, I'm increasing my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment